Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thank You So Much For Coming

Since becoming a customer service representative I have to perform many things that I have never had to do before. True, I once fitted toe shoes and leotards, and sold pasties and g-strings, but today forty years later, from M-F 9-5 its my pleasure to tidy up a business lounge, fill and empty a dishwasher and perform various other tasks similar to a hotel worker - like move furniture, and unlock doors. I was once pushed as a reminder that I must get up when greeting anyone new. So, when entering the Days Inn this weekend I took note of the people working behind the desk, cleaning my room and shuttling my family back and forth to the area's attraction. I found myself wondering if they were like me. If I were more like them, than I realized. As we were leaving the amusement park Saturday night the elderly woman standing at the gate said, "Goodnight, Thank you so much for coming." And I really got it. I really got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment